1. Terms and Conditions of Publication
This agreement (hereinafter the “Agreement”) is a binding agreement entered into between the natural or legal person identified in the registration form and the Publisher. The trademarks are, individually, “Serradifalco Editore”, “Musa International” collectively indicate parts of the company “Serradifalco Communication & C SAS”.
This Agreement contains the terms and conditions of your participation in the publication through photographic and informative contents in the book “Visual Culture” printed, published and distributed by Serradifalco Communication & C SAS with their respective trademarks.
All the rules and policies governing participation in the publication are described on the website at https://www.
2. Agreement acceptance
Acceptance of the Agreement. You declare to accept this Agreement and to consider the terms contained therein binding (a) by clicking on I agree or accept if the corresponding option exists or (b) finalizing the registration with the relative advance payment (if present). If you do not agree to these terms, you will not be authorized to publish. The Publisher is a legal person, the administrator guarantees that he has the right to enter into this Agreement, as the Publisher’s authorized representative.
3. Duration and Terms
The validity of this Agreement will start from the moment it is accepted by you by registering on the website https://www.
The publication proposal is open to all artists, photographers and architects, after selecting the Publisher, registration via the Publisher’s website is always required. Each user declares to be at least 18 years old (or, in the case of a higher age, to be of legal age in the place where you reside) and to have the ability to enter into a contract. Not to violate third party rights and to have the right to publish the images provided.
You must make sure that all information provided during registration – for example name, address and e-mail address – is correct. It is forbidden to use false identities, pretend to be other people or use usernames that you are not authorized to use.
6. Delivery of material for publication
- 6.1 It is up to you to provide us with useful material for publication by e-mail or cloud folder. We will not return any files in electronic form or any content in any other format or medium that you deliver to us as part of your use of the Program. You are required to deliver all electronic files free from: viruses, worms and other potentially harmful files or harmful code.
- 6.2 Content Requirements. You must ensure that all content provided complies with the Publication Policies. That you have all publishing rights and that the material does not infringe or involve any third party rights. You may not insert advertising messages or other content in any Book that is primarily intended to advertise or promote products or services. You are responsible for ensuring that all information you provide to us is up-to-date, complete and accurate. If you discover that you have provided us with inaccurate or incomplete data regarding the material to be published, you must promptly provide us with the correct data, no complaints will be accepted after publication.
- 6.3 Refusal. We reserve the right to decide which content to accept and publish, at our sole discretion. If we ask you to provide us with additional information, for example information to confirm that you have all the necessary rights, you are required to promptly notify us of the information requested and to ensure that any information and documentation provided by you in response to such request is up-to-date, complete and accurate.
- 6.4 Granting of Rights. For the duration of this Agreement, you grant to “Serradifalco Communication” and the respective brands a right of use license only, of the images provided, irrevocable and non-exclusive for publication in print and distribution in Books. These rights include, without limitation, the right to: (a) reproduce the images in print; (b) show portions of the Books, in each case solely for the purpose of promoting, offering or selling the Books and related offerings;
- 6.5 Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You declare and warrant: (a) that you have the full rights, powers and authority necessary to enter into and execute this Agreement and that you undertake to comply with all the terms of the Agreement; (b) that you have obtained all rights necessary to exercise the rights granted under this Agreement before you – or your designee – deliver any content to us; (c) that no exercise of rights authorized under this Agreement, no portion of the content and no sale or distribution of such content authorized under this Agreement infringes any intellectual property rights, property rights or other rights belonging to any natural person or entity, including, without limitation, contractual rights, copyrights, trademarks, common law rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or moral rights, nor contains material that is defamatory or that violates any law or regulation of any jurisdiction. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you will be required to indemnify, hold harmless and defend “Serradifalco Communication & C sas”, its managers and employees, and its subcontractors and assigns with reference to any loss, claim, liability, damage, action (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from any breach of any representations, warranties or obligations set forth in this Agreement.
- 6.6 Subject to the permissions you grant us through this Agreement, you retain all proprietary rights and all other rights and interests in relation to your images.
- 6.7 Royalty. There are no royalties for photographers and artists who will publish their images in the book.
7. Security and Privacy
The Publisher will not provide any third party with the data collected for the purposes of the publication project. The data published in the volume will be exclusively those foreseen by the publication proposal. That is: Photos of the works, Name and Surname or artistic name, nationality and website. You also authorize us to send you communications from time to time regarding other posting opportunities by e-mail.
8. Book distribution terms and conditions
- 8.1 The books produced by the Publisher will be printed in compliance with high quality standards and distributed at the sole discretion of the publisher in terms of quantity and distribution areas.
- 8.2 Delivery of books. We will have the right to process all orders completed by customers on the date on which the Books will be available for sale until the stock of the Paper Books in our possession is exhausted. All deliveries of the Books will be made by express courier or by international mail.
9. Marketing and Promotion, Reviews
- 9.1 Marketing and Promotion. We have full power to determine, in our sole discretion, all promotions and marketing operations related to the sale of the Books and we may, without limitation, sell and promote the Books by making portions or chapters available free of charge to potential customers. There will be no sums due for any promotional or marketing operation organized by us.
- 9.2 Reviews. The Publisher will not have direct control of the reviews received on the various sites or articles in newspapers, so it will not be responsible for these.
- 9.3 Prices. The list price of the books will be decided at the sole discretion of the publisher, for some markets it will include VAT and all other similar taxes included in the final purchase price of a product (“VAT”). the List Price will be set in euros, however it will be possible to pay with your own currency.
- 9.4 Different List Prices. We reserve the right to apply different discounts, depending on the different periods of the year or to reduce the cover price in case of high stocks or to sell off the book once it is out of the market.
- 9.5 Prices to Customers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to determine, in our sole and complete discretion, the retail selling price of the Books. Together with the distributors, we will be responsible for processing payments, collecting them, requesting refunds and related customer service.
10. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR PROFITS, COSTS OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR RELIANCE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR RETURN OTHER NATURE, HOWEVER DETERMINED AND INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE CRITERIA OF RESPONSIBILITY. THE PUBLISHER CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE BOOKS DELIVERED BY THE PUBLISHER OR ON BEHALF OF THE PUBLISHER, COMPLY WITH ALL THE RULES ON THE USE OF THE CONTENT IN RELATION TO THE USE OF THE BOOKS, IN ANY PLACE OF THE WORLD, THE PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IN CASE OF FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES ON THE USE OF CONTENT BY CUSTOMERS.
- 10.1 Major force. “Serradifalco editore” cannot be held responsible for any failure or delay in the fulfillment of its obligations under this Agreement, caused by any event or circumstance beyond its control, including, but not limited to, attacks denial-of-service information technology, riots, fires, floods, storms, explosions, unforeseeable events, wars, terrorist attacks and employee events.
Any dispute or complaint associated in any way with this Agreement will be resolved by arbitration or in court, with jurisdiction over Palermo – Italy.
- 11.1 Applicable Legislation. Italian legislation.